This is a great way to hit that warm cookie craving. Once the recipe cools it produces a crumbly cookie texture. And this recipe is mostly about the texture if you’re not doing sweeteners.
Notes: This recipe bubbles up a lot, so use a bowl instead of a mug to give it room. This is particularly delicious with a chocolate tea, I really like the Stash Chocolate Hazelnut or the Numi Chocolate Puerh. You can also have it with unsweetened almond milk for that cookies and milk vibe.
If you’re still enjoying keto sweeteners you can add a tablespoon of erythritol (or coconut sugar if paleo) when you add the almond butter. You can also sprinkle in keto friendly chocolate chips (like Lily’s or Choczero) after you microwave it to make a chocolate chip cookie. (Not before, they’ll melt and probably even burn.)
KetoAim Unsweetened Microwave Almond Butter Cookie
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (make sure ingredients are only almonds)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter or Ghee for Paleo
- Put the butter into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds or until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the almond butter to the bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk, put the yolk into a microwave-safe bowl. I also suggest removing the chalaza(The little white attachments to the yolk) from the yolk to improve the texture. You can carefully pinch them off but you should hold the yolk above your bowl because it might break. If you can’t remove them it’s not a huge deal but it does taste better without.
- Use your spoon to scrap down the sides of the bowl and push the “batter” down into the bowl as much as possible.
- Microwave for about 1 minute. You’re looking for it to bubble nearly to the top of the bowl. Once you stop the microwave it will continue to rise slightly so don’t let it get quite to the top. Let it cool for a minute or two and as it cools it will form a crumbly texture.