You can have it all!
With 2 of the ingredients being some of the top foods on Efficiency is Everything’s Calorie per Dollar List this meal is a delicious way to get the most bang for your buck. It can easily be made with just a microwave so it’s great for work, dorms, and hotels while traveling.
If you’re looking for a coffee you can make in the microwave just look for an instant coffee you can stir into hot water. I highly suggest the Starbucks Via packets. They’re the best instant coffee I’ve ever had by miles.
Scrambled Cheese Eggs
2 Slices of Cheese (Not American)
Salt or Lite Salt *Optional (Get your electrolytes!)
3 Slices of Bacon
Sweetener of Choice (I would suggest these monkfruit drops.)
- Get your coffee brewing first so it’s ready in time. Or heat up your water for instant.
When it’s done:
- Add butter first so it can melt
- Add heavy cream and stir.
- Optional: Add your keto friendly sweetener.
- Optional: Add 1/4th tsp Lite Salt. It gets you some electrolytes and amplifies the flavor of sweetener so you need less. (You may get used to more over time. I add about 1tsp Himalayan salt to my coffee now)
- Optional: A lot of people like to use a milk frother so the butter mixes in better. (It does taste better but I usually don’t bother.)
- Lay 3 slices of bacon on a plate. Don’t use paper towels.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Use oven mitts to pull the plate out and be careful to keep the plate even because it will have hot bacon grease in it.
Scrambled Cheese Eggs
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them until they are blended into an even mixture.
2. Lay the slices of cheese on top.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes
4. As soon as it’s done take it out and pour the bacon grease from the plate into the eggs. This will improve the taste and get more fat into the meal.
5. Mix it up into scrambled eggs consistency. Don’t let it just sit in the microwave. The eggs are still cooking from the residual heat and the texture will be more like an omelette if you don’t mix it immediately.
6. Take the bacon off the plate and put it with your eggs in the bowl so the grease can cool. Scrape cooled bacon grease into the trash or a storage container for later use, not the sink– it can clog the pipes and is bad for the sewers.